Problem with creating a new wireless network feature

Hi,

I'm not able to create/connect, using "Create New Wireless Network"
feature available in NetworkManager Applet.

Below I'll try to give you, to my best, some information about my server
installation:

* Ubuntu GNU/Linux 8.10 Intrepid with kernel Linux 2.6.27-14
* NetworkManager Applet 0.7.0:
  network-manager package version 0.7~~svn20081018t105859
  network-manager-gnome package version 0.7~~svn20081020t000444
* Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2]
Network Connection (rev 05)
* lsmod | grep ipw2200:
  ipw2200     151372  0
  ieee80211    38088  1 ipw2200
* ipw2200-fw-3.1 (Latest firmware for ipw2200)
* dnsmasq package version 2.45

Server connection details (to be shared via wireless):

Interface: Ethernet (eth0)
IP Address: 10.61.58.148
Broadcast Address: 10.61.58.255
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Route: 10.61.58.254

I tried to create both secure and open networks. From any client (tried
with Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid, OS X 10.5 Tiger, Windows XP SP3) it is
possible to see this network's availability, but it is not possible
connect (due to some sort of timeout I believe).

I'm not an expert on the subject, but I believe the problem stands in
server's current connection settings (which I can not change, so in that
case I'm not sure how to proceed).

Could you please help me on this?

If you need any information (logs (please specify which one), etc.) in
order to understand better what's going on please ask.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
--
Ali Servet Dönmez <asd pittle org>