pptp

Hi,

I'm trying to ditch an old script and use NM instead. The old script can
be dl from http://www.uib.no/People/nmabs/vpn/uib-vpn.tar
It's commented in norwegian, but should be understandable by reading the
code. (ansatt=staff)

I need to set these variables in /etc/ppp/options.cpptp
noauth
crtscts
lock noauth nobsdcomp nodeflate
local
asyncmap 0
mtu 1392
lcp-echo-interval 0
lcp-echo-failure 40
idle 0
maxfail 40
noipx

and set the secrets in chap-secrets, but this is what I would like to
avoid using NM.

I use pptp-on in the tar-file to start the connection, but basically I
use something like this:

/usr/sbin/pptp $VPNSERVER name $USER defaultroute noauth

And I also need to set the gw for the $VPNSERVER so it uses the standard
device (not the pptp device).

Is it possible to use NM to set all these settings? I have tried a lot,
but can't get it to work and I don't get any error messages other than
that the connection failed.

I have used NM to connect to an unencrypted vpn (also pptp), but I would
like to use the encrypted one.

The script in the tar-file works both on the local wireless lan
(10.0.0.0/8) and from everywhere else. 129.177.0.0/16 is our local lan.

Regards
Bjørge Solli