Re: Dynamic IP but DNS static (3g connection)

Hi,

I built ppp from git repo. but NM complains about
its '/usr/lib/pppd/2.4.4/nm-pppd-plugin.so not being compatible with the
version 2.4.5 (ppp from git).

But I also found a patch just for this DNS bogus problem:

http://osdir.com/ml/linux.ppp/2007-11/msg00006.html

I patched ppp and now it works OK, but the patch requires using
the "ipcp-max-failure" pppd option; I have made test using kppp and works
good.

But I prefer NW than kppp.

Now ... how can I tell NM to pass this parameter to pppd ???

Thanks.

BTW ... in 'nm-applet' (gnome) I didn't found any option to use static DNS
configuration either (openSUSE 11).

--
Xavier Callejas
WorkFlow Logistics

Tel.: +503 2102-9837
Cel.: +503 7155-4113

Nuestra entrega más importante es la confianza.

---
Open Your Mind, Use Open Source.