Re: upgrading from NM .6 to .7

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 15:16 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 11:39 -0500, Trey Nolen wrote:
> > I am running Ubuntu 8.04. I upgraded to Networkmanager .7 recently. I
> > had about 125 or so PPTP VPN's setup, and when NM .7 installed, they
> > were gone.  The info is still under my .gconf folder (specifically,
> > ~/.conf/system/networking/vpn_connections/<connection name>/%gconf.xml )
> >
> > Is there any way to pull that in to the new NM?
>
> The applet doesn't make an effort to copy over old PPTP connections, but
> that code could certainly be written just like it exists for OpenVPN and
> vpnc so far.  In the mean time, you could use XSLT or something to
> transform the old format to the new format and reload into GConf, but
> that doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun :)

Thanks.  I did find parts (if not all) of my old connections in
~/.gconf/system/networking/connections.  I'm not sure if that's where
they were before, or if something made an attempt to put them there. I
have a subdirectory for each connection and new ones created in the new
NM .7 are added sequentially to the existing ones.

Can you elaborate or point me to documentation on the differences
between the old and new formats?

Should I make an effort to clean out the old connections if I am not
going to convert them?  If so, specifically what should I clean out?

Thanks.

Trey Nolen