Re: nm-applet lists ath_pci as wired but NetworkAdministration Tool lists it as wireless

Hello,

Am Dienstag, den 02.09.2008, 11:22 -0400 schrieb Dan Williams:
> There isn't a info.capabilities field at all. Yet the same driver

That's the problem then.

> works with the Ubuntu kernel (on the same system).
> Also Network Administration Tool recognizes a wireless adapter and
> can

The problem is that I hadn't enabled WIRELESS_EXT_SYSFS in the kernel configuration.

Look what the help text of kernel 2.6.27-rc5 states:

This option enables the deprecated wireless statistics
files in /sys/class/net/*/wireless/. The same information
is available via the ioctls as well.

Say Y if you have programs using it (we don't know of any)

Lars