Problems with NM over D-Bus 2!

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:09:37 -0400
> Von: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
> An: Marco Franke <Real-Franky gmx de>
> CC: networkmanager-list gnome org
> Betreff: Re: Problems with NM over D-Bus

> On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 12:29 +0200, Marco Franke wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I use Ubuntu 7.10 and the default NetworkManager.
> > I want to use the NetworkManager without the GUI. For that reasons I use
> the D-Bus calls.
> >
> > But now, I have a problem:
> >
> > I call the function:
> > dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager
> /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.setActiveDevice  objpath:/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/ath0 string:Uni-Bremen
> >
> > I get this error:
> > Error org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.InvalidArguments:
> NetworkManager::setActiveDevice called with invalid arguments.
> >
> > What's wrong?
> > Can somebody help me?
> > And how can I create  a ad-hoc Network  with the NetworkManager over
> D-Bus?
>
> You want to use the D-Bus method createWirelessNetwork(), which has the
> following arguments:
>
> device (o)
> ssid (s)
> cipher (u)
> <other security parameters>
>
> where for unencrypted networks, the cipher would be:
>
> 0x1  (IW_AUTH_CIPHER_NONE)
>

> Dan

Good evening,

I have tried to start a ad-hoc network over the D-Bus. I have used this command:

dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.setActiveDevice  objpath:'/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/#{sName}' string:'#{sESSID}'
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.createWirelessNetwork objpath:'/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/eth2' string:'bah' uint32: 0x1  (IW_AUTH_CIPHER_NONE)

But it doesn't work.
I imagine, that the last parameter (> cipher (u)) is wrong. But I don't know, how I have to use it.

Please help

Thanks
Marco Franke

--
Mfg der bijektive Homomorphismus ist ein Isomorphismus