Re: Network-Manager applet r953 fails to compile.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 09:52:54AM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 19:07 +0530, Pramod Dematagoda wrote:
> > But that doesn't really work does it since the configure script is
> > looking for dbus-glib => 0.75 whereas the version in Fedora 9 is 0.74.
>
> Right.  I've backported the necessary bits to Fedora 8 and 9's
> dbus-glib, so you can actually just change the NM configure script to
> allow anything >= 0.74.  Technically the required changes are only in
> dbus-glib 0.75 upstream, which is why upstream NM requires that version.
> But given that I backported the fixes to Fedora, I've also modified the
> Fedora rpm packages to build correctly for the distro.

No strong opinion, but neither sure if we really want to have this in
the main tree. If we put it here, we most likely will get recurring
support requests from folks that have old dbus-glib installed on other
distros and run into issues with their self-baked NM build.

 - Alexander