Re: Problems with Networkmanager 0.7

I have the 169G which is basically a very similar device with the same command language produced by the same manufacturer, and I have the same problem. The 169G is detected as a Huawei 620

I use a small script file with

echo "AT+COPS=1,2,23420" > /dev/ttyUSB2

to achieve the same result.  "23420" is the network number for 3 UK.

After using this command the modem switches from green flashing (GSM) to Blue Flashing (3G) , and network manager can dial and connect.

To find the network number i use minicom with "AT+COPS=?" which returns a list of available networks.