Re: NetworkManager-list Digest, Vol 49, Issue 2

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:

> It's a matter of persistent storage... when you reboot you'd probably
> like to have the hostname come back as what you set it before, and that
> means you have to store the persistent hostname somewhere on the
> filesystem...

This is completely true. I'd like to have my hostname remain what I
set it; unfortunately, no matter what I set MY hostname to, NM insists
on making me localhost.localdomain, no matter what.
What might be better is some way to change it from nm or the related
applet; without other system administration tools.