Re: knetworkmanager stopped working

Hi!

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Helmut Schaa
<helmut schaa googlemail com> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2008 schrieb Anton Moiseev:
>> I have posted this problem to opensuse mailing list, and then to the
>> kde-linux mailing list, but there were no response, and this list
>> seems to be the most relevant.
>
> KNetworkManager list:

Thank's for hint, I will try to write there too

>> I have Opensuse 11 with kde4 and knetworkmanager 0.7r826733 from
>> opensuse repo and knetworkmanager stopped working for me.
>
> I'm pretty sure you've updated NM and did not update KNM or vice versa.
> What does the NM log (/var/log/NetworkManager) tells you?

That's rather possible - I usually switch off the notebook by suspending it to
disk and rather rarely just by powering it off. So probably some updates that
break network manager could be installed, and I would not mention this
for some days until the real reboot.

I have completely removed NetworkManager and knetworkmanager from
system and reinstalled them from system DVD (while being offline, so no
updates could be installed accidently) - this did not change anything.

This is what /var/log/NetworkManager tells me just after I click on a network
name in knetworkmanager menu:

Oct  2 18:39:41 benderamp-hp NetworkManager: <WARN>
wait_for_connection_expired(): Connection (2)
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/Connection/1 failed to
activate (timeout): (0) Connection was not provided by any settings
service

This seems to be much closer - as far as I understand, it does not
find specified
connection configuration, but even if I clear all connections from
list and create
new connection again, it still does not find it.

Thank's