Re: NetworkManager 0.7

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 10:10 -0700, Bill Loucks wrote:
> Regarding 0.7, I'm gradually learning more about it. I think it adds Wireless Broadband and DSL capabilities, so if you REQUIRE those capabilities, 0.7 is your choice, although 0.7 seems to be a rather early work-in-progress, so expect a rocky road for awhile.
>
> The thing that concerns me is that the pptp plugin for 0.7 is barely recognizable from 0.6 and has several show-stoppers, depending on who you are; for me, the show-stoppers were the inability to set refuse-eap and setting the routing, so that only SOME of the traffic goes through the pptp tunnel.

As a workaround, you can refuse eap by adding the 'refuse-eap' with the
value 'yes' to gconf for the connection.  If you would like the VPN to
not be the default route, add an IPv4 route for the connection, and only
traffic for that route will go through the VPN; all the rest will go
through the default device.