Re: v6 only networks broken?

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 02:40 -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am not sure if someelse else at IETF already raised this, but NM
> does not work on IPv6 only networks. After association on the wifi,
> it disassociates with "could not obtain an address". We suspect because
> it did not get an ipv4 ip address via dhcp, though we did get an ipv6
> address.

Correct; NM won't (yet) try to get IPv6 addresses, though we have some
infrastructure to handle IPv6 via LL, router advertisements, and DHCP
+/- information only mode, it's not all there.  Full IPv6 support will
be added in the near future and is a major target for post 0.7
development.

NM should not stomp on IPv6 LL addresses that get assigned to the
interface however.  If it does, it's a bug.