network profiles

Hey,

I saw something call network profiles being committed to
gnome-control-center recently.  I didn't see any prior discussion on
this list. Maybe a little explanation of the plans and purposes behind
this would be good.

Also, I wonder how this will interact with closer NetworkManager
integration in the future. Medium-term, all network-related
configuration needs to be made dynamic and depend on the current
connections, which are under the contol of NetworkManager.

So, I guess I am asking for some roadmap information for
network-related settings.

Matthias