Re: NetworkManager 0.7.0-rc1 released

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

2) I'm still using 0.6.6 (yes, I'm still on F7) and I periodically
   connect my cell phone via USB and have a "SprintPCS" network
   configuration in the "dialup configuration" menu.  Will this
   version still support me?

Yes, though you may need to reconfigure the connection in NM 0.7's
connection editor, as well as adding your phone to the HAL fdi file that
controls the hardware detection.  That's all pretty easy though.

Yep.  I'm happy to set it up again; I just need to make sure it works
because I can't turn on the VPN when my network isn't controlled
by NM.

What phone do you have, and what are the USB IDs reported by
'/sbin/lsusb' ?

It's a samsung A900m.

lsusb reports:

Bus 003 Device 003: ID 04e8:6601 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Z100 Mobile Phone

Do you need more info than that?

Dan

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available