Re: openvpn and network manager

I did some research on that and also contacted the local CA operators. They told me that ns-cert-type is old,propriety and depracated and does not significantly add to security. Here are some references:

http://osdir.com/ml/java.ejbca.devel/2005-11/msg00003.html
http://openvpn.net/archive/openvpn-users/2007-03/msg00062.html
http://readlist.com/lists/postfix.org/postfix-users/12/64401.html
http://emperor.canarie.ca/pipermail/tagpma-general/2007-January/001326.html

In any case, this certificate extension is never gonna be supported in several educational large PKI infrastructures that I (and serveral other academic users as well) employ. So lack of this feature will mean loss of a large audience for the networkmanager tool.

Can we have a fix please ?:)

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
	  http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc