RE: NM ask for passphrase everytime

>> Does that mean this is a known issue in 0.6.4? Just want to make sure
>> I didn't mis-configure it or anything.
>
> It depends on quite a number of things.  This basically means that NM
> cannot connect to your access point.  It might mean that:
>
> 1) the SSID of your AP is hidden and you don't have an updated
> NetworkManager or kernel that supports scan capabilities

SSID is not hidden.

> 2) you may have incorrectly specified the security settings of your AP.
> Make sure when using WEP that you choose the right mode for your WEP key
> (among ASCII, Passphrase, and Hex).

I double checked, triple checked. Everything looks good to me both in the config file and in the keyring.

> 3) Your wifi card driver may not be implementing Wireless Extensions
> correctly

How can I find it out? Anything specific in the log file that I can check?

> Those are 3 reasons off the top of my head.  There were a number of
> fixes in later versions of NM for issues like this, but since there are
> quite a few reasons why the driver will fail to connect to the AP, we
> can't say for sure...
>
> Dan

Thanks for your time.
Yongtao
Back to work after baby–how do you know when you’re ready?
http://lifestyle.msn.com/familyandparenting/articleNW.aspx?cp-documentid=5797498&ocid=T067MSN40A0701A