Re: Selecting Secure Wi-Fi Network with Network Manager

Dan Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 19:51 +0100, Leon Stringer wrote:
Hi,

I'm cross-posting this here because there was no response from the Fedora guys. Apologies if it's a Fedora-specific issue not appropriate to this list.

Sorry about that, I am the Fedora guy :)  Did you file a bug about it
that you could direct me to?

No problem! No bug filed, but I can if needs be?

What version of NetworkManager do you have installed?  You'll want to
update to the latest NM bits in rawhide, which are (as of now) svn3521.
That will likely help.

Currently 0.7.0-0.9.1.svn3476 which is the latest the updates system downloaded. (I'm just about managing to connect via an unprotected weak signal from a neighbour). Can you obtain newer versions, if so how?

If it doesn't, can you mail me
the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 (or whatever your
wireless interface name is) directly?  It might have your wireless WEP
key in it, but it'll allow me to see what the issue is.

Will do.