NM fails to find access points

Hi list

NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.9.1.svn3476.fc9.i386 fails to find access points after restarting the NM daemon. It used to find about 18 APs, but after the last update it only finds about 5 and after restarting NM it very slowly finds some. And not the one I want to use although it is in the same room.
Something has gone wrong with scanning in the last few weeks.

I tried "Create a new wireless network" which seems to want to connect to an existing network and not create a new one?. Anyway, when it failed to connect it found my AP again and connected to that. Great, but weird. Seems, like a part of NM needs a good kick to get it moving.

Well. Since that works somewhat randomly, I have another problem. My usb modem works (after guessing that using gconf-editor to insert a pin key in the right place would allow it to connect), but most of the time I have to connect, disconnect and connect again to make it work. The first time it connects it passes the pin and initializes the modem correctly, but it gets a garbage ip and dns config. It seems NM is a bit too fast or pppd is too fast. It needs to wait a second or to before starting the connection routine. (well, I think that is what is needed, but I can't be certain)

While I have been writing this, my AP still hasn't been found and if it is found, I won't be able to send this email since it needs to go through the usb-modem and not the AP. So luckily the bug allows me to use my usb-modem ;)

Let me know if I can help debug some of this or you need more information.

Cheers and thanks for all the great work on NM
Rene

some info:
Fedora rawhide with all updates:
Linux rr-laptop 2.6.25-0.136.rc6.git5.fc9 #1 SMP Thu Mar 20 18:45:28 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
- Device: wlan0
  Type:              802.11 Wireless
  Driver:            iwl4965
  Active:            no