Re: Clemson tigernet a success for NM with WPA Enterprise

I would congratulate you but I am still annoyed by SC losing to
Clemson this year!  ;-)

Your instructions can be used for anyone connecting to a wireless
access point using PEAP and WPA except for the certificate which needs
to be changed to match what the back-end radius server offers.   So
thank you for posting this!

I have an Aruba Controller in my lab this week so I have been playing
with various EAP types in Network Manager and so far the following
have worked:
EAP-TLS with WPA+TKIP and WPA2+AES
PEAP with WPA+TKIP and WPA2+AES

I did not test WPA+AES or WPA2+TKIP since I don't think either are
valid according to the WPA standard.   If I am incorrect someone can
let me know and I will test again.  I also didn't bother testing
Dynamic WEP but I probably could if there is an interest.   I plan on
testing EAP-TTLS soon.

These tests were run using NM 6.5 and 6.6 with an Atheros based card
on Ubuntu Gutsy and Hardy systems.

Thanks!