Keeping passwords secure

Hello,

Since the begginning that i noticed that NetworkManager uses
Gnome-Keyring to keep wireless WEP and WPA keys. I applaud that.

However I always found it strange that in my gnome-keyring there are
no entries for my passwords on WPA Enterprise networks (eduroam, for
example). The other day i found out that they are stored in plain text
on gconf. Is there any technical reason for this? Any reason why WPA
Enterprise credentials can't be stored safely in keyring?

I actually care more about my eduroam credentials than i do about
PSK's and such.

If there is no serious reason for this behavior, i would like to ask
that it gets changed.

Best Regards,
Ricardo Silva