security selection via nm-applet

When I try to create a new wireless network connection using the nm-applet
dialog, I get two different "Wireless Security" drop-down lists, depending on whether I use "Create New Wireless Network..." (4 options) or "Connect to Other Wireless Network...", then select "New..." at the "Connection" prompt (8 options).

This looks like it comes from the security_combo_init() function in wireless-dialog.c, but I'm not sure why the options would be different... or even why there would be two different paths to create a new network.

Would users be too confused if the menu simply said "Connect to Wireless Network..."