Re: Script tie-ins to wireless selection

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 21:09 -0400, Mike Heffner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to tie a script into the check-box selection of
> "Enable Wireless" under Gnome Network Manager? My laptop has a software
> switch to turn the radio on/off and I would like to turn it off when
> wireless is disabled via the checkbox.

If you have a way to trigger an action from the press of that button,
you could tell NM to turn off your wireless manually via the D-Bus
interface using dbus-send.

Obviously a hack, but we're trying to work through all the rfkill
permutations upstream.  We need to involve the kernel, HAL, NM, and
possible X11 to get everything working right for users with both
hardware and software kill switches.