Re: disconnected from wireless network

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 08:55 +0200, Kolb Zoltán wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Dan Williams wrote:
> > wpa_supplicant is getting disconnected from the AP and cannot reconnect
> > within the timeout.  Can you add "-dddt" to the end of the Exec= line
> > in /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.service so that it looks like this:
> >
> > [D-BUS Service]
> > Name=fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant
> > Exec=/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -u -f /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log -dddt
> > User=root
> >
> > and then reboot and try connecting?  That will provide quite a bit more
> > information about why the driver is disconnecting you and cannot
> > reconnect.
>
> See the attached syslog and wpa_supplicant.log files.

So a few odd things here.

First, you appear to have at least one hostap or orinoco driven card in
your system (the wifi0 LinkStatus for 44:44:44:44:44:44 is orinoco
specific).  The fact that I see messages for both eth1 and wifi0 is
troubling and indicates you may have both drivers loaded if you only
have one card.  How many wifi cards do you have in the system?

Can you verify that you only have _one_ of hostap or orinoco drivers
loaded at the same time?  Since these drivers can drive some of the same
hardware, they sometimes get loaded for the same card and fight for the
hardware.  Make sure you blacklist orinoco probably since you're using
WPA.

Second, the bits in the wpa_supplicant log about:

1216707625.497948: CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:00:00:00:00:00 completed (auth) [id=0 id_str=]

seem to indicate a problem in wpa_supplicant, or between wpa_supplicant
and the driver.  I'm pretty sure that the supplicant should be reporting
a valid BSSID here instead of all zeros.

Third, what exact wifi hardware do you have in the machine?