Re: setEnvironmentVariable DBus method for wpasupplicant

Stef <stef memberwebs com> writes:

> David Smith wrote:
>> Stef <stef memberwebs com> writes:

>>> Not sure how we plan to address this. gnome-keyring doesn't currently
>>> support access by root to its sockets.
>>
>> Hmm, then this is a critical problem.
>
> Sadly this would be a difficult thing for gnome-keyring to change
> throughout all the code. It currently verifies the uid equals the
> current uid in many places throughout the code.

If it's a matter of just fixing the code, then that seems easier then
finding a way to get wpasupplicant to be able to run as the current
user. I think we have to make it so that the PKCS#11 module allows a
user's keyring can be harnessed by supplicants running as a different
user, as long as the user grants the supplicant sufficient access.

- dds