DNS forwarders

I run a caching named on my laptop, so I've configured my dhclient to write any received DNS server addresses into an /etc/named/forwarders.conf file instead of /etc/resolv.conf. However, NetworkManager still overwrites my resolv.conf with the remote DNS server addresses, even though I've changed my /etc/sysconfig/network options and told it not to update resolv.conf any more. (I think I already restarted NetworkManager too, so it ought to have read the new config.)

It seems to me that updating resolv.conf is always the wrong thing to do anyway; my computer's FQDN is what it is, no matter what network I connect to. Why should my resolv.conf's domain and search list change just because I've moved to a different physical location?
--
  -- Howard Chu