Re: Building an RPM package for pptp

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 14:23 +0000, Keith Sudbury wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any current RPM's for the pptp plugin? I am running Fedora 8,
> I know Ubuntu has a package for this.
>
> If not I am looking into building an rpm for this, is it possible to
> just get the source for the pptp plugin? I don't really want to have to
> package NetworkManager again... I have noticed there are other plugins
> in fedora like openvpn etc so they must have managed to just install the
> plugin?
>
> I guess I will need to find a way to get access the src for just the
> pptp plugin.

The PPTP plugin doesn't currently build, I don't think.  It never quite
got updated for the API changes in 0.7 because there wasn't a lot of
interest.  Part of the issue is that it should ideally share the PPP
management code with NetworkManager itself, but it could just suck in a
copy for now or use it's own.  SVN trunk pptp isn't going to compile at
this time, unfortunately.