Re: Refresh the wireless

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 13:16 +0100, romain wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to know if there is a simple way to refresh the wireless
> networks list in network-manager.
> I use an intel 3945 abg under Ubuntu Feisty Fawn.
> Do you know a solution to force this refresh without a deconnection ?

Click the applet menu and wait some seconds, or

sudo /sbin/iwlist wlan0 scan

that will trigger a manual scan, and NM should notice this and update
it's result list.

But first, why might you want to do this?  This is usually an indication
of drivers not working correctly or other parts of the system not doing
their job.  There have also been some improvements in NM's scan handling
behavior in the stable branch where most people report this issue.