Connection sharing

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 on a Thinkpad T60p w/ Atheros wireless.

Can someone point me to docs on sharing my connection with my
wireless card when I'm on my wired LAN?

This video made it look easy:

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/10/16/video-fedora-10-connection-sharing/

But when I select "Create New Wireless Network..." from the nm-applet
menu the applet just says I've connected to my existing wireless
network.  And with other computers I do not see any new network.

I suspect I need a bit of guidance.

I'm not quite sure I understand how it's suppose to work, really.
Should my wireless card act as an AP and my existing dhcpd server
provide IPs?  Or would my laptop perform NAT and share its IP address?
And would I then need to setup dhcpd on the laptop?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley hank org