Broadcom bcm4306 unable to connect to secure wireless.

Hey all , I hope I'm e-mailing this properly as was suggested on the openSuse Forums.

I have a Broadcom bcm4306 that is using the b43/b43 legacy drivers.  It connects great to non-secured wireless but I am unable to connect at work , or any other secured network.

Work network information:

non broadcast  SSID
wep 128 Hex
Shared authentication

Using network manager I am unable to see the network after adding the SSID
The Wep code does stay stored
I am UNABLE to get the Shared authentication option to save.  It keeps reverting back to Open.

~Tim~