WPA Enterprise (EAP-TLS) system connection

Hello,

currently it doesn't seem possible to use either EAP-TLS or other WPA
Enterprise system connections.
(I'm using network-manager 0.7 packages from Debian Experimental.)

The connection editor doesn't allow adding a EAP-TLS connection
("Invalid connection: NMSetting8021x / client-cert invalid: 2").

I've also tried manually putting together a keyfile to put in
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections, modeling it on the settings
visible in GConf and a (working) existing WPA-PSK keyfile. I used a
decrypted client certificate, but got an error message about missing
secrets.
This was 2 months ago, and I've since lost the keyfile. If need be I can
recreate the keyfile and do more tests.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Or can anyone offer advice on what
changes might be necessary to get it to work?

It's a very useful feature for cases where one needs to have a network
connection at the login screen, either for authentication or mounting
remote directories.

Thanks,

John.