Re: NetworkManager crash with svn3993

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 00:00 -0400, Tom Sutherland wrote:
> I checked out NetworkManager 3993 and nm-applet 861, and NetworkManager
> quietly crashes after kicking off a dhclient request, and sometimes it
> won't connect at all.  nm-applet "disappears" until I restart
> NetworkManager.
>
> If I restart NetworkManager, it attempts to connect to my (wide-open)
> WAP, blinks a bit, then disconnects.  I'm running KDE4.1 on Kubuntu
> Hardy Heron.
>
> Any ideas, help? Thanks.
>
> Here are some of the more interesting looking errors:
>

> NetworkManager: symbol lookup error: NetworkManager: undefined symbol:
> nm_utils_garray_to_string

That symbol no longer exists in NM nor is it used anywhere in the
applet.  Sounds like you're running a NetworkManager binary that's not
3993 against a libnm-glib that is 3993.  Can you verify that you have
rebuilt both NM and the applet and installed them in the right prefixes?
Might be worthwhile to run a 'make clean' in the NM source tree, then
re-build it, and reinstall.

Dan