Re: Problem with Polkit DBUS

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 14:46 +0530, Kiran Kulkarni wrote:
> I am getting that polkit-dbus is not installed. Which package I should
> install for the polkit-dbus. the output of autgen.sh was
>
> checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
> checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
> checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
> checking for /etc/redhat-release... no
> checking for /etc/SuSE-release... no
> checking for /etc/fedora-release... no
> checking for /etc/gentoo-release... no
> checking for /etc/debian_version... yes
> checking for /etc/arch-release... no
> checking for /etc/slackware-version... no
> checking for /etc/frugalware-release... no
> checking for /etc/mandriva-release... no
> checking Linux Wireless Extensions >= 18... yes
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for DBUS... yes
> Your dbus version is 1,1,1.
> checking for GTHREAD... yes
> checking for GLIB... yes
> checking for GMODULE... yes
> checking for GOBJECT... yes
> GIO not found; using private GFileMonitor library
> checking for HAL... yes
> checking for LIBNL... yes
> checking for POLKIT... configure: error: Package requirements
> (polkit-dbus) were not met:
>
> No package 'polkit-dbus' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Any idea where the PolicyKit .pc files are?  For example, I've got:

/usr/lib/pkgconfig/polkit-dbus.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/polkit-grant.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/polkit.pc

but yours may be installed in /usr/share/pkgconfig or whatever.  The
best way to figure out is to list the files in your PolicyKit devel
package that you've installed (or if you haven't installed the devel
package for PK, do that!), and look for the location of .pc files.  Let
me know where any are.