Re: Support for adding /etc/hosts entries

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 10:13 +0200, Michal Sawicz wrote:
> It would be great if it would be possible to add hosts entries
> to /etc/hosts based on the network we're connected to.

I currently do this with a script in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/
It just checks for the appropriate domain name in "$new_domain_name",
and copies/links an appropriate /etc/hosts file based on that.

Not saying that a GUI to do it via NM wouldn't be nice, just that it's
possible now w/out it.

--
Brett Johnson <brett hp com>
 Irritated at Outlook's plain-text quoting?