FW: Ath5k driver status

Hello,

I sent the below message to the ath5k-devel list but figured I would CC here as I am using NetworkManager 0.6.6 to see who plays better with NetworkManager.   It also looks to me like madwifi does not support the scan capa patch?

I am trying to find out the current status of the Ath5k driver as compared to madwifi 0.9.4.   I tried googling for some results and checked out madwifi.org but didn’t see anything definitive.

I am using both an AR5212 based card (manufactured by Cisco) and possibly an AR5006X miniPCI card and was wondering how ath5k compares to madwifi.   Which should I use?   Currently I am using madwifi but experience some stability issues.  I am on Fedora and the kernel I am using is a modified Fedora 2.6.23.15-80 based kernel.  I am not necessarily opposed to updating the kernel version I am using but would prefer not to.  I need to support LEAP, WPA/WPA2 PSK and Enterprise (subset of), and WEP.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Phil Culver