Re: Connection problems with wpa_supplicant already running

Hi!

> > When starting up NetworkManager, wireless connection can't be
> > established. I found out that I need to stop NM, stop running
> > wpa_supplicant (started during boot while networking was being
> started)
> > and then start NM and all works well. What is weird that if I
> restart
> > NM then everything still works (even though w_s was running). After
> > testing it seems that there are connection problems only if 1)
> > wpa_supplicant is already running when starting NM and 2)
> > wpa_supplicant was not started by NM (but while doing "service
> network
> > restart").
>
> Well the simple answer is that NM executes wpa_supplicant itself and
> supplies appropriate arguments so you either have the NM daemons
> running
> (which allows the applet to appear and be used) or you stop them and
> start the wpa_supplicant daemon.
>
> Having all three daemons running together is a recipe for problems,
> if not actually disaster.

Well, now when I boot my machine network is dead due to reasons above
so I'm wondering how should I fix this? It's more than a bit clumsy to
kill wpa_supplicant and restart NM every time after booting the
machine..

Cheers!

Be a better friend, newshound, and