Connection problems with wpa_supplicant already running

Hi,

this is a weird failure scenario with current SVN trunk but I am able
to reproduce it every time so I'm wondering is this a local hickup or
what. I'm using Fedora 8 + latest updates + NM SVN trunk. The problem
is:

When starting up NetworkManager, wireless connection can't be
established. I found out that I need to stop NM, stop running
wpa_supplicant (started during boot while networking was being started)
and then start NM and all works well. What is weird that if I restart
NM then everything still works (even though w_s was running). After
testing it seems that there are connection problems only if 1)
wpa_supplicant is already running when starting NM and 2)
wpa_supplicant was not started by NM (but while doing "service network
restart").

This probably sounds weird but I'd like to know is there something
wrong in my system or is this a general problem?

Thanks.

Be a better friend, newshound, and