Re: Problems with network-manager 0.6.6 in Ubuntu(8.04)

Ryan Novosielski wrote:
Dan Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 02:14 -0500, Rev. Justin Brown wrote:
        It's mostly driver related issues that the SCAN_CAP NM patch
        fix in
        concert with the kernel patch.  Having only the NM side of
        that will
        still make NM use AP_SCAN=2, leading to probably failures in
        many
        mac80211 drivers.
Dan
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I can't find any info on how to
fix this. Could you point me in the right direction? Do I need to
patch my kernel or switch drivers?
Best is to get your distro to include the scan capability patch, which
is already in 2.6.25 and is a quite trivial backport.  You can tell if
your card has the scan capability bits or not because NM will print out
a message to that effect when it starts up.

Dan

Is this the message in question:

Apr 4 13:40:09 g NetworkManager: <info> wlan0: driver supports SSID
scans (scan_capa 0x01).

If so, this bug report on a somewhat unrelated matter:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/211780

...which would indicate this has been in Hardy since 2.6.24-12 at least.

If that is true (I have not tried my own), that is a problem as it still
does not appear to work and I run -15.

indicates there was a time where the patch was included - has to be proved again?!

Nikolaus