Re: Problems with network-manager 0.6.6 in Ubuntu(8.04)

thanks for the reply
Here's how I've filled it in. This has always worked in the past (provided IPv6 is disabled, our network doesn't like it)
Network Name: slunet
Wireless Security: WPA Enterprise
EAP Method: PEAP
Key Type: Dynamic WEP
Pahase2 Type: MSCHAPv2
Identity: my  username
password: my password
everything else blank

Thanks again
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 13:00 -0500, Rev. Justin Brown wrote:
> I am trying to connect to my school's wireless network (PEAP,
> MSCHAPv2, Dynamic WEP). I use Ubuntu and am trying to switch to Hardy
> beta. It comes with network-manager 0.6.6. However, I can no longer
> connect. I have tried two different ways: "Connect to another network"
> and "Connect to 802.1x network." They both seem to yield the same
> result. Are there any known regressions or should I change to a
> older/newer version? Whenever I edit the connections, the default
> always stores my password as a Private key instead of a password,
> which seems strange, but that also doesn't help.

The "Connect to 802.1x network..." is only for wired, perhaps we should
put a "wired" in there so it's clearer.

Which specific fields are you filling in the GUI dialog and what are you
putting into them?