Starting wpa_supplicant

Hey all,

I've been playing around with networkmanager from svn (for some reason
0.6.5 doesn't recognize my iwl3945 adapter yet 0.7 does). Is nm supposed
to be able to automatically start wpa_supplicant? In order for wireless
to work, I need to start wpa_supplicant with "-D wext -i wlan0
-c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf". While it would not be
difficult to add this to my init scripts, this would hardly be elegant.
How is nm intended to interface with wpa_supplicant? Is there a
preferred way to start the supplicant? Is dbus itself supposed to take
care of this? Thanks,

- Ben