Re: wpa_supplicant options

It's working great everywhere, except at my university.  They just
implemented a WPA2 secured network, using TTLS/PAP, and NetworkManager
appears to hang after completing "Stage 2 of 5".  I say "appears"
because it functions normally, the list of wireless networks updates,
and after a few minutes it asks me for the authentication information
again and then times out.  If I disable NetworkManager and bring up
wpa_supplicant and the interface manually with -Dwext then I get the
same thing.  If I use -Dmadwifi, then it all works almost immediately.

I added a quick check to NetworkManager for the existence of a file,
and if it exists to pass 'madwifi' to wpa_cli instead of 'wext', and
after recompiling, installing, and creating that file, NetworkManager
authenticates to this network almost immediately.  It's a horrible
hack job, if I'd wanted to spend more than 5 minutes I should have
added a command-line option or read a config file...