Re: Blogpost: "Refresh in reactive displays"

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 18:59 +0200, Hugo Heden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For those who haven't seen it, there is a blog-post by Bryan Clark
> regarding UI principles, arguing against having a Refresh-button in the
> NetworkManager-applet menu. (Not sure that was ever the intention?)

Well, there were requests for a manual "refresh" button somewhere, and
Bryan's argument is that having one anywhere is wrong.  Again, I think
there are simply bugs in NetworkManager and the applet that would
improve the experience for users.

That said, I fully admit that I haven't been able to pay 0.6.x the
attention it's deserved for the last year or so (due to my working
full-time for Red Hat on OLPC).  Now, I have been concentrating on
getting 0.7 out the door over the last 6 weeks, and once we get a 0.7
release out the door I'll spend some time cleaning up bits in 0.6.x
(like auto-scanning behavior and the user-triggered scanning).  However,
if somebody beats me to the auto-scanning behavior patch (feel free to
ask what should happen and I'll gladly say) I won't be crying myself to
sleep.

Dan