Re: knetworkmanager with NM 0.7

Am Freitag, 16. November 2007 10:46:06 schrieb Eric Brunet lps ens fr:
> Hi,
>
> I don't want to bother Helmut, but I'd really like to know what is the
> status on knetworkmanager. I've been holding upgrading my laptop to
> fedora 8 when I found out that they are shipping nm-applet instead of
> knetworkmanager in the knetworkmanager package...
>
> If it is not too far in the future, I'd like to wait for knetworkmanager
> to be ready for NM 0.7 before upgrading my fedora, but is there any rough
> estimation of when this will happen ? The public knm source repository
> (http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/kde3/network/knetworkmanager/)
> is desesperately quiet...

That's right as the repository you pointed to is for the stable version of KNM
and therefore against 0.6.x.

I'm still working on getting KNM ready for 0.7 but did not commit that stuff
upstream as I had to rework a lot of it's internal structure and therefore
broke everything for a while.

I cannot give you an estimation on when KNM will be 0.7-ready as I have some
more responsibilities and cannot work on KNM all the time. But I think when
0.7 will be released KNM should be in a somehow usable state.

> Thanks for all the work !
>
> Éric

Regards,
Helmut