Re: killswitch messages flood syslog fixed

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 12:26 -0500, walter neumann wrote:
> Sorry if this has already been said -- I couldn't find any search
> functionality for this list.  There have been several messages
> complaining that killswitch error messages flood the syslog
> (especially on Dell machines that have no physical wlan killswitch,
> only the keyboard one).
>
> The following fixes the problem for me: run on startup
>
> hal-device --r dell_wlan_switch

Well I tried this putting the line in rc.local on my Dell laptop. It
seemed to reduce the:

Nov 11 16:07:48 cyrus last message repeated 11 times

messages but I am still not clear about what is going on, and why this
formula helps things.

One has to look out for engineers -- they begin with sewing machines and
end up with the atomic bomb. -- Marcel Pagnol