Re: has anyone had a chance to look at my nm-applet patch?

On 11/1/07, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
> First of all I am not a Dev so if you are upset at my comment do not
> reference the devs but to me.   I don't want their hard work being
> diminished by me  ;-).   I

well I didn't mean my tone to be "upset" with anyone, exactly. I
simply wanted to communicate the general "vibe" that I have been
getting from and through GNOME desktop. So, I am sorry my expression
was not more clear. I think GNOME must work diligently to avoid this
"we know better than the users" approach.

<snip>

> Katelin's tooltip solution is a great way to handle it

I think I would prefer a check-box (show all, or something like that)
but ... I the tooltip might work well also.

<snip>

> This is not a knock on Katelin in any way, people like this who see a
> problem and provide a solution are the ones who make the open-source
> movement great.

agreed

:-)

Peter

--
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit

www.the-brights.net