Re: VPN on manual configured wireless

On 5/26/07, Giovanni Lovato <giovanni lovato aldu net> wrote:
I configured manually my wireless interface in wpa_supplicant.conf (I
need network connectivity  on system bootup). With manual configuration,
Network Manager does not let me to activate VPN connections.
Am I missing something or is it a known issue?

Thank you!
G.L.

I will let Dan or someone more knowledgeable correct me but since NM
is not managing that interface it doesn't know that it is active hence
it is not able to activate the VPN plugins.   I don't think there are
plans to fix this since the root problem (Activating interfaces at
boot time) is being fixed in 0.7 and this problem will go away.