Re: Request for ergonomy feature

Greg Oliver wrote:
On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 09:08 +0200, Soren Hansen wrote:
Could one of you perhaps explain to me why you want to do something
manually that network-manager does for you automatically? I don't quite
get it.

Honestly, so my LED does not blink repeatedly

You'll have others blinking anyway.  Hard disk, etc.

- as well as go back to a
previous request to have wired/wireless active simultaneously (I know
thats coming).  In that situation, that would be most pleasant.  My
radio would not be scanning constantly when I do not need it and I could
scan when I want them both on.

And if your wired ever dies out? Or if you need to move for some reason and need to unplug? Do you want NetworkManager to just sit there for you to realize what happened, then click the applet, then click perform scan, wait for a few seconds, figure out which Network, and then connect you to wireless?

Personally, I'd rather my music stream keep on playing. The whole point of NetworkManager is to do the work for you. People that don't want it to do the work still have iwconfig/iwlist.