Re: power management

On 29/03/07, Ryan Novosielski <novosirj umdnj edu> wrote:

dragoran wrote:
> yelo_3 wrote:
>> I know there is a command "iwconfig eth1 power on" which enables power management. I don't know exactly what it does but if it exists I'm sure it does something!
>>
> this is something that should be done in gnome-power-manager but not in
> nm....

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. I'm sure it makes more sense, but at
the same time, this is not the way virutally all other implementations
handle it. Typically in the Windows drivers, this shows up under the
wireless networking settings, and as well in WLAssistant or whatever
that was called.

I would imagine it would be best implemented in NM due to its
proximity to the wireless drivers and exposed/configurable via dbus so
that the likes of gnome-power-manager could enable/disable it.

Regards,
Derek.