Re: Scannning

The use case is when I move around, in my university! There are different access points in different places.
Or simply when I decide to enable wireless and before it was disabled

----- Messaggio originale -----
Da: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
A: yelo_3 <yelo_3 yahoo it>
Cc: NetworkManager-List <networkmanager-list gnome org>
Inviato: Lunedì 19 marzo 2007, 0:40:36
Oggetto: Re: Scannning

On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 16:50 +0000, yelo_3 wrote:
> > In my experience when I click the applet new networks begin showing up
> > within 30 seconds.  This is with an IPW2200 and IPW3945, my Atheros
> > card sometimes takes longer.
>
> it is not always true, with my ipw2200 sometimes I have to wait around 2 minutes

What's the use-case here again?

Are you suspending, going home, and waking the laptop up and the AP is
not showing up in the menu?

Or are you turning on an access point and expecting it to show up?

Or are you walking from one access point coverage area to another?

Or?

Dan

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html