Re: Incorrect symbol dispalyed for wrelwss connection.

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 13:25 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 09:50 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > What does this mean or indicate.
> >
> > Suddenly at home when NM makes a connection with wireless access point
> > instead of the vertical bars t displays the wired connection symbol and
> > when you put the courser on the symbol it says wired connection.
> > Only thong that seems relevant is the kernel was upgraded
> > to:2.6.20-1.2300.fc5
> > This is FC5 and the connection works.
>
> Do you have anything plugged into your Ethernet port?  What's the value
> of /sys/class/net/ethX/carrier when you _don't_ have anything plugged in
> (replace ethX with the name of your wired device).
>
> Dan

This stopped happening as soundingly as it started. Nothing was plugged
into the Ethernet port at the time. When or if it happens again I will
try the test you suggest. For now I just will stay confused.
Education is the process of casting false pearls before real swine. --
Irwin Edman