Re: ipw2200: nm thinks that networks are present even if the card is off

well... so you are in a different situation! in my
case if I'm connected the signal drops to 0 bars (only
the applet icon), but the list is not purged, nor
updated with 0% signal... which laptop do you have? or
better, what does your hotkey do? mine manipulates the
file

/sys/class/net/eth1/device/rf_kill

I'm using ubuntu feisty now... but I remember that in
edgy it was the same